July 21, 2020
Building a new home can be a difficult experience for some – here are five things to consider when building a new home.
- The Land – When you are looking at building your new home, carefully consider the land you’re looking at buying. Is the property suitable to build on? Are there good schools in the area? What are the community facilities like? You may find your list of needs for a site is far longer than you first thought, but patience is key here. You will find the right site eventually, so don’t skimp on one of your wants or you may regret it later.
- The Budget – Building a new home can be a stressful time even for the most prepared people, so you don’t want the added stress of blowing the budget. Set a realistic budget for your home and remember to add some wriggle room. At 3C Homes, we only make fixed-price contracts. This gives you peace of mind that your project won’t go over your budget. There are no hidden costs and our quotes cover everything from start to finish
- The Plan – One of the worst things you can do is have a poorly designed floor plan. On the front, it all looks well and good; however, as you get further into the build, the problems can become harder and harder to fix. Our plans are designed to create a modern home that allows space for the whole family to grow. We work with you and all the right people to iron out the plans of your new home to avoid any problems down the track.
- The Builder – When it comes to choosing your builder, there are so many options available that you could end up choosing the wrong kind and add months and thousands on to your project. At 3C Homes, we have proven experience. We’ve been helping Aucklanders build their dream homes for more than ten years, with quality that stands the test of time. Our team is fully certified, and our work comes backed with generous assurances, including the ten year Master Build Guarantee.
- Your Expectations – When you’re building a new home, you’ll likely have a vision of how things will go. It’s important to know that any building project is bound to have some bumps along the way. As long as you go into a project understanding that it won’t always be smooth sailing, and keep an open line of communication with your builder about the progress of your build, you should be okay.
If you’re considering building a new home in Auckland, check out our free Design and Build eBook to discover how 3C Homes can help you build your dream home.